Access Recognition and Licensing Committee
The Access Recognition and Licensing Committee (ARLC) is a committee of the QAA Board, which has overall responsibility for the operation and development of the Recognition Scheme. Its membership includes representatives from further and higher education. It is chaired by a member of the QAA Board. For current membership details, please see the ARLC register of members' interests (PDF 131 KB).
The ARLC meets its responsibilities in the following ways:
- it sets the conditions that organisations must meet to become licensed or relicensed as Access Validating Agencies (AVAs)
- it decides how QAA will monitor and review AVAs
- it considers reports from review teams and makes recommendations to the QAA Board about the award and renewal of AVA licences
- it monitors AVAs through annual reports
- it makes decisions about the development of the Access to HE qualification.
The ARLC is assisted by two expert advisory groups, the Access Qualification Development Group (AQDG) and the Access Data Development Group, which both report to the ARLC.
For more information, please see the full terms of reference of the ARLC.